AccessNut is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Angry Access Forms

I am trying to design a 3 page form. It is only allowing me 2. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Rod is offline Expert
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    What exactly is a multi-page form?

I suspect you mean a tab control. If so, select the control, right-click on the border of the control and select, 'Insert Page.'

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post

I suspect you mean a tab control. If so, select the control, right-click on the border of the control and select, 'Insert Page.'
    The insert page control on the tool bar is not highlighted, won't give me access to the control.

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Actually forms can have multiple pages but that is only for printing (and printing forms is definitely not the way to go).

Quote Originally Posted by AccessNut
    The insert page control on the tool bar is not highlighted, won't give me access to the control.
    Can you upload a screenshot here to show us what you currently have while in design view?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boblarson View Post
    Actually forms can have multiple pages but that is only for printing (and printing forms is definitely not the way to go).

Can you upload a screenshot here to show us what you currently have while in design view?
    Here is my 2 page form that I would like to add another to.Attached. (I hope)

Your pdf came out completely blank. But from the name of it I can gather that you are trying to create something to print out that matches an existing document. Is that correct?

For this you would build a form, perhaps using a tab control to break it up into sections, for the data entry but then you would create a REPORT for doing the printing.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boblarson View Post
    Your pdf came out completely blank. But from the name of it I can gather that you are trying to create something to print out that matches an existing document. Is that correct?

For this you would build a form, perhaps using a tab control to break it up into sections, for the data entry but then you would create a REPORT for doing the printing.
    Upon reaching 22" on my form or report I cannot add to as I want to continue with another report.

SteveH2508 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    22" is the maximum height allowed in a FORM (used for on-screen display and interaction).

REPORTS are for printing

Would you try to put a screw in with a spanner?

Use the correct tool for the correct job otherwise you will be constantly banging your head against a brick wall (and not using a hammer!)

Reports are limited to 22" of physical design space for each section. However, you can use subreports with both the Section's CAN GROW property and the subreport control's CAN GROW property set to YES. So you can size the subreports to actually be like a 1/4" on the actual design view of the report but it will expand and display as needed.

See this screenshot for what I'm describing (you can use a lot of subreports to get more on the report than it looks like it could be there. You will probably need to use a custom group ( of =1 and put the subreports in there instead of the detail section so they don't repeat):

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.