Buakaw is offline Absolute novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

How to use datepicker with unbound control?

Hi
    I'm trying to use datepicker (instead of ActiveX Calendar) with a text box for me to select dates.

However, my text box contains a criteria used for searching, and it is not bound to anything.

As a result, the datepicker doesn't show up at the side of the control, although I've set the control property to display datepicker if it's a date/time control.

How can I change the properties so that it will display the datepicker icon?

Thanks!

Buakaw is offline Absolute novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Oh, I managed to figure it out. I changed the "Format" property to a date format, and I had to delete the Input Mask property or it didn't work.

If I may add another question, I noticed that when I updated the date using datepicker, the format comes out like this -> 7/15/2011

However my preferred display format is 15 Jul 2011

It doesn't get formatted to my preferred format until I shift the focus to another box.

If I tried to hook the "On Change" event to format it using VBA, I put a break in the code and noted that the date in the text box hasn't been updated at the time the routine is called. The value read in from the text box is still the old value, not the value I clicked on the datepicker.

Doing a requery of the text box in the code doesn't work either, it'll trigger a runtime error.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.