Dasun is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

connecting many sub forms in one main form

Access Expertise : Novice

Here I have a main form and 10 sub forms(for data entry) in that. And those sub-forms are connected to 10 different tables. I tried putting a save button at the end of main form and it does not work that way.

Is there any way I can combine all the sub-forms ( as they are connected through field " ID" ) and enter data.

Need to include all the sub forms in one main form and put a save button and a new record button

Heartfelt gratitude to supporters

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Why doesn't it work that way? Save button probably not needed. Records are committed to tables when the form closes or move to another record.

What are the relationships of these tables - one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-many?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

drexasaurus is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    June7 is right if they are all bound forms. What is the situation?

If the parent form in unbound and the subforms are bound and are not explicitly linked to each other, but they all are supposed to point to the same (I'm assuming foriegn key) ID at the same time, you might want to keep track of the ID in the parent form and on one of the update events enter this ID for them from as received from the parent form (I usually hide this subform's field from the user) so the data doesn't become orphaned or what not. I only need to do this when I have Bound subforms connected to an unbound form, however.

It's also possible that you need to fix the links on the master and child fields if you are working on bound forms.

If you are working with ten different unbound subforms however... that's just a lot of hard work. Could be done, however.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.