forrestapi is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Single Form, Multiple Options

I am looking at creating a form for a table that is being generated in access. Here are the basics. In the Table there are 3 columns.

Customer Name Type1 Type2

Customer Name is self explanatory, Type1 is a Licence code, and Type 2 tells what the subcode is for the license (if there is one) Here is a small amount of sample data

MFG Name TYPE TYPE 2
    ABBOT WHS Illinois
    ABBOT DEA DEA
    ABBOT WHS Alabama
    AKORN P

ALPHA P
    ALPHA DEA DEA
    ALPHA WHS Maryland
    ALPHA WHS Alabama

We are building a form to let them know there license is about to expire, and this table holds only names of customers who's license are about to expire. There will be instances (as you can see above) where a customer has multiple license effected. There are 4 license types and i planned to build the form to where it will insert the Customers name (easy), but then i want it to check a box by the license that is listed here (be it 1 or all). I could set this up easily to where it would display one license at a time with the customer, but it seems to me that would eat up to much paper in the long run when these are printed. Any ideas on how to set this up? I can provide any more info needed, just post up. Thanks!

nchesebro is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Just a tip when trying to display table data... use a font like courier so the characters align...

I am assuming you meant something like this:

MFG -- | Name -- | Type I -- | Type II --|
    ABBOT- | WHS --- | ILLINOIS- |
    ABBOT- | DEA --- | DEA ----- |
    ABBOT- | WHS --- | MARYLAND- |
    AKORN- | P
    ...and so on

That will make it easier for those who may know the solution to your problem to work with the sample data you provided. Just a helpful hint

...woah, my 100th post... Thanks AccessForums for all the help you have provided for me!!! Here is to many more...
    Last edited by nchesebro; 06-29-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: forgot to underline my header row *duh*

Windows XP Access 2007
    Sorry about that, it should read like this

MFG ---- l TYPE-- l TYPE 2--l
    ABBOT -- l WHS -- l Illinois-- l
    ABBOT -- l DEA --- l DEA -- l
    ABBOT -- l WHS -- l Alabama l
    AKORN -- l P ----- l ---- l
    ALPHA -- l P ----- l ---- l
    ALPHA -- l DEA -- l DEA -- l
    ALPHA -- l WHS -- l Maryland l
    ALPHA -- l WHS -- l Alabama l

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    What does this really mean
    a table that is being generated in access
    ?

What is your underlying business? Where does this "generated" table fit? Why is it important?
    Please tell us more of your situation and environment if we are to give any meaningful advice/suggestions.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Sorry, I didn't think knowing the underlying business would have any effect? If it does, this is for a pharmaceutical warehouse, but I really can't give much more detail on that part of it. As for some more information on the situation and enviornment:

-We are pulling the original information out of tables in an AS400 system, and using a few queries to end up with the "generated" table(will call it license table now to avoid confusion) I mentioned.
    -The license table is a list of vendors, the type of Licence, and then a "sub-license" type/description. This table ONLY contains vendors in need of renewing there license, so there is no need to filter any certain ones out past this point.
    -Using Access 2007
    -I plan to use this table (or a query designed around it if needed)to accomplish the following:
    As you can see the table has multiple entires of the same "vendor". I want the forum to display that vendor name, as well as check a box for each type of license they have expired (along with some other text that I will be adding).

I know this could be done easily by displaying each single record on the form, however there are some with up to 4 records per vendor, and I would rather have it check all 4 boxes for types of license being expired, than have 4 separate sheets with only 1 type checked on each page.

If it will help, i have a word doc they used to manually fill out for this that shows what they are asking me to recreate with this form. I could remove the personal info and share it if it would help as well.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.