EvanRosenlieb is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

"Enter Key Behavior" weirdness

Alright, I am advancing along a subject thanks to help from some of you guys.

As it stands now I have a form/sub-form set up. I am designing this form for somebody else who finds that the data she is entering will be easier to do field-by-field rather than record-by-record. To accommodate this I have the sub-form set up to be viewed in datasheet view, and I set the "Enter key behavior" to "New Line in field". In my head, this means the data-enterer should be able to click on the first cell for the first record in the sub-form and when she is done entering the information for that cell, she should be able to press enter and have the focus go to the first field of the second record, etc.

However, as it functions right now if you press enter after entering data the data that was entered into the field disappears. If you then arrow down or to the right, the data will reappear, but pressing the enter key by itself does not do what it should do.

I realize one possible solution to this problem is to just set the enter key behavior to default, and then just use the down arrow to move from record to record within a field. While this can work, the person who is entering the data is entering quite a large amount and is using the number pad in order to do so, and for her sake (and as per her request) I would like to be able to set it up so that the enter key works like it should under the "new record in same field" setting.

Any help is greatly appreciated--

--Evan

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    As you have experienced, this setting "enters adds a NewLine to the current field". You can probably use the KeyPress event to alter the "Enter" key behavior to your liking.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.