nchesebro is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Change Value using Button OnClick

In creating a tour database, the reservation will undergo a total of 5 status codes, as follows:

Someone calls or emails a reservation and the reservation is entered into the database

1. Pending - The tour is marked pending untill all appointments and memos are sent by the receptionist
    2. Incoming - When the memos are sent and appoiontments made.
    3a. Arrival - The tour is marked arrival at 12:01 on the day of the tour.
    OR
    3b. Cancelled - If the incoming party calls and cancells their tour. If a tour is marked cancelled, it progresses no further down this list.
    4. Active - The tour is marked active when the scheduled day of the tour arrives (12:01 AM)
    5a. Completed - The tour is marked completed if the party appears and is taken for a tour.
    OR
    5b. No-Show - The Tour is a No-Show when a tour is scheduled, the day arrives, and the party does not appear and never called previously to cancel.

There will be a reservation form, and when completed, a button is clicked and a macro is run to save and close the reservation form. When this button is clicked, I would like the txtStatus field in tblTour to be set to Pending.

After that, the tour is set up via the scheduling form, and a button is clicked there when finished that saves and closes the form. I would like this button to change the txtStatus field in tblTour from Pending to Incoming.

And so on and so forth...

I am using the new macro builder in 2010... Can this be done as a macro or does this need to be done in vba codebehind?

Can you show me how to do this in either the macro builder or vba code please? Thank you!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I don't use macros, only VBA. With the txtStatus field included in the form's RecordSource, try this in the button Click event VBA code:

Me!txtStatus = "Incoming"
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.