kwooten is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Query reporting help

I am trying to run a query that uses 4 tables, pulled through ODBC. 1 table is my foundation for all my user data, 1 table is the table that has the relationship to my foundation and the other 2 tables are tables that house the descriptions I need. I typically use a program called query builder to build this query but I am tired of logging in all the time to get my data.

My tables are:

"EMP_ALL" (foundation data)

"ELANGUAGE" (relationship data with unique identifier to EMP_ALL and language code and proficiency code)

"LANGTBL" (table that has my realtionship of language description to ELANGUAGE language code)

"LANGABLE" (table that has my relationship of proficiency description to ELANGUAGE proficiency code)

I tried to link these like I would in query builder but get the error: "The SQL statement could not be executed because it contains ambiguous outer joins. To force one of the joins to be performed first, create a seperate query that performs the first join and then include that query in your SQL statement."

I am new to access and have no idea what this is.. I tried creating seperate queries for my decriptions then using those to create my query. That didn't work.

I have attached the DB.. Hope yall can help..

Windows XP Access 2007
    followup.. I am able to get somewhat of what I need with a form but I need a way to filter out some data I dont need. This is exclusive to a certain "jobnumber".

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Not everyone has Acc2007 or 2010, so can not open accdb. You may wish to post an mdb version for those people.

It appears that your tables and relationships need work. You will make your life more frustrating by focusing on queries and reports/forms before you get your tables properly structured.
    This site will help with table design and structure. http://www.r937.com/Relational.html

There are several free datamodels here that may give you some insight as to what you need or what is missing.
    http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/index.htm

Windows XP Access 2007
    This may sound crazy but how do I save it as a mdb?

I will check out the sites you mentioned.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I don't have 2007, but there must be an option for saving a copy of you database in .mdb format. Others have done this, so I'm not sure which, but I think it's an option when you save. You could check your Help files.

If you use features that are only available in 2007, you'd get a message when you try to save as .mdb

Windows XP Access 2007
    i checked the help file and it didnt give me much.. Just the differences in the extention, mainly new features.

Maybe someone will come along and tell me how.

I do have access 03 as well but I am not a fan of it. 2007 is much more user friendly for the newbies.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.