sabrish72 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Calculation

This is a continuation from this thread

https://www.accessforums.net/reports...elp-13973.html

In my report there is another calculation I need to do, I did not manage to do it in access, so i draft it in Excel and pdf(attached) it so that we can have the clear picture.

My problem is to create the formula for the cell in green.

Appreciate the help and support given

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I looked at your pdf image. None of the cells show green on my monitor. Which calc do you need? They all look like simple add/subtract. What was the issue in Access?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I looked at your pdf image. None of the cells show green on my monitor. Which calc do you need? They all look like simple add/subtract. What was the issue in Access?
    I did pdf it in color ...
    By the way, jzwp11 did help me from the thread link I mention above ...
    That is good ... it helps ...
    Now based on my pdf file ...
    The detail will contain a various type of leave ( annual, mc, compensate, study leave etc) I can define each leave when I input my data into my database.
    Then, a person is entitle for annual number days of leave every year. The entitlement leave is divided in two, annual leave and medical leave and the others type of leave is calculated annually without any budget or entitlement.
    In report, by person I can group each type of leave, there will be a person that took annual leave, medical leave and marriage leave.
    But in calculation wise the marriage leave is not deducted from annual leave or medical leave.
    By printing a report for every person, I need to have a calculation which involve entitlement leave, leave taken and balance of leave for both annual leave and medical leave.
    In the same time in report detail I need to show all type of leave that have been consumed.
    If you look at my pdf file, A8 to A12 is type of leave that have been consumed (total days is 17) but E4 is only showing 7days ( that is 5 days of annual leave and 2 days of emergency leave-Emergency leave will still be deducted from annual leave).
    E5 is direct calculation for medical leave.
    I need a calculation that only only total type for annual leave and emergency leave so that I can deduct from the annual entitlement for annual leave.

And million thanks to attending this ...

Windows XP Access 2007
    I hope this helps ...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.