Question How to Create Field in Template

Good evening! I am brand new to Access 2003, and have failed to find the answer to my question using all the usual methods (Trial and Error, Help, Google, Searching forums, etc.).

In short: How can I add a newly-defined field to an existing template?

I know that seems absurdly basic, and apologize if it is right in front of my eyes, but I cannot figure it out.

I am able to add a copy of an existing field, but cannot for the life of me determine how to create a new field - either straight to the record or to the list.

We have a database of 291 members with 60+ fields for each record. I need to import that database either from the FileMaker original or an Excel version, and need more uniquely-defined fields than the template comes with - in this case the "Addresses" template. (Items such as "Member Since," "Professional Orgs," "Contributions to," each of which needs to be indexed and searchable.) I would really like to not have to build a whole new database from scratch.

Thanks in advance....

Never mind - in part. Thanks.... I found out how to create fields in the Table... What I'm working on now is how to make a nice design that doesn't look like an Excel worksheet.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.