ShadeRF is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Filter Report with Dropdowns

Hi I have a couple reports I am working on that are giving me a tough time. What I am trying to accomplish is to add dropdown boxes at the top of the report that when selected will filter the report based on the selection made. I assume I will have to create a form and put the drop downs in the form header and make the report a subreport to that form. Past that I'm not sure how to make it so when I make the selection it automatically filters the report.

My fields I am trying to filter by are Invoice, House, Brand and then on a yes/no value for a field called Billed Back. I can provide more details if needed. Thanks for anyone's help that can be offered.

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    If you base your report on a query and then build a search form for your users to input the filter criteria you should then have your report as you wish. Put a command button to run the report. Look at this video for a heads up on how to build the search form and have the data filtered in your query.

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...earchform.html

or you can use this methodology

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...mtoreport.html

Alan

The second one is closest to what I am trying to do. How can I make it so I can put my Filter Boxes in the Form header and then make my report a subreport on the form. Then when I make a selection from my Filter Box it automatically updates the subreport.

Also to make things even more exciting when I dropped my form I made to open my report onto my Navigation Form it quit working. It works if I run it by itself but if I run it by navigating to it from the NavigationForm it prompts me for the Query answers as though it can't find them from the controls anymore.

kattanc is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    That is because when you put your form on a navigation form, then you need to refer to your field in the folloing Manner: [Forms]![Nagivation Form]!.Form!field...
    if the is a subform then: [Forms]![Nagivation Form]![Navigation Sub Form].Form!field...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.