Hi,
I'm a student taking my first database design course. The majority of the class has been centered around database design theory rather than technical elements. For my final project I'm trying to design a basic access database to address a business problem.

I'm trying to accomplish the following: I have employees who are paid off of grants. In my payroll system they are paid monthly by predeteremined percentages of effort. After the period I receive lab logs that I must use to calculate percentages of actual effort spent on each grant and transfer the differences in amounts appropriately. What I'd like to do is create an online form that the employees can fill out that will input the data into access and compare it with the predetermined percentages. Then create a report that tells me what amounts need to be transfered to what grants

I've designed the tables using an ERD and have created them in access. I'm working on queries, forms, and reports now. I'm just shaky when it comes to the web part and the sql is a bit intimidating to compare and then have it recommend what amount to transfer. I have access to sharepoint and from my research it seems that it is fairly easy to export forms to it but having little experience actually doing it, I could really use some guidance.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!