Buakaw is offline Absolute novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Can't save or close form

Hi,

I have a form which I use as the main page to access all my other forms. When I go into Design View and add a new button or make any kind of design changes, I am unable to save or close this form.

When I try to close the form, I'm prompted with: "Do you want to save changes to the design of form 'frmStart'?

I click "Yes", the popup dissapears but the form doesn't close. If I close the application and restart it again, all my changes are gone.

I set this form to load up when I run my Access application if that is relevant.

I've already run the repair utility under "Manage". I've also tried to do "SaveAsText" but it gives me a runtime error.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    not clear if you are dealing with a switchboard or not - which are different animals totally.

do yourself a sanity check and whip up a plain old form (not switchboard) with maybe one button.....set it up as the default opening form temporarily and see if everything works ok...

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NTC View Post
    not clear if you are dealing with a switchboard or not - which are different animals totally.

do yourself a sanity check and whip up a plain old form (not switchboard) with maybe one button.....set it up as the default opening form temporarily and see if everything works ok...
    umm I don't know what a switchboard form is, so it can't be that...it's just a plain form that has some buttons on it to open other forms.

I read if SaveAsText doesn't work on a form, then chances are that it's corrupted. I suspect that's what happened. Is there anyway for me to restore it, besides having to manually recreate the whole form again?

Windows XP Access 2007
    The problem was definitely a corrupted form. I recreated the form manually and its resolved. No amount of "rescue and repair attempts" worked for me.

sampatrik is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I think your Form is get corrupted so you need to repair this form or create new form and delete old one. it may possible that your access get corrupt (due to form corruption) so you need to repair whole access database. to repair access database use this tool. http://www.stellarfilerepair.com/rep...s-database.php

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.