hmcquade is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

automated email sent from records in form

Hi there,

I have a form containing job information. When a job is complete i would like a command button that will create an email to another department containing some print charge fields from that form. The email will always be sent from mircosoft outlook, it will always be sent to the same receipient, the message subject will always be the same, and the body of the message will contain the following fields from my form; CustomerName; CustomerDepartment; PrintSize; PrintQuantity; TotalPrintCost; CostCode.

Visually it does not matter what the email looks like, as long as those fields are included.

Ideally i would like this process to be completely automated, and the email sent, but i will settle for anything right now. I have searched alot of forums, but i am finding the code quite confusing to fit with my own data.

Could anyone please help?

Kind Regards
    Harriet

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What you want to do is implement the SendObject method - - that is the term to look up in VBA help and it will give you the syntax.

You can trigger this at a command button.

Your 'object' will be a query that collects the data that you wish sent. (which may already exist as the query that is the source of your form.....not sure...)

hope this helps.

hmcquade is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Thats brilliant, thank you! i now feel like im getting somewhere. I used:

DoCmd.SendObject acSendQuery, "Q_PrintCostInformation", , "hmcquade@thurrock.gov.uk", , , "GIS Print Charges", "Hi Rani, Please see the latest print charge information. Please charge the customer accordingly.", False

This sends my query for all records. What i would like to do is send the query where the PK matches that of the current record. So when i press 'complete' (my command button), it sends the print details for the current record only. I dont suppose you know where i fit this is. Will it be something i write in the query or do i add to the VBA code?

Thank you for your help!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.