Hi all,

I have a DB which is designed to have 1 admin and several users on at the same time. The users and admin all work with the same form, called frmOrders, which is a continuous form that lists out, in real time, orders which the users enter. I have a timer form called frmTimer running (hidden) in the background which updates frmOrders every 2 seconds and checks if a new order has been added. If yes, a MsgBox pops up on the admin's screen saying that a new order has been entered.

I'm trying to add some functionality so that any time a user changes the value in any field for an order that he/she has *already* entered, a MsgBox pops up on the admin's screen as well (see attached image). However, I'm having some trouble with this. Basically, I want Access to 1) recognize when a field in an order is updated/changed, 2) check if the CurrentUser is the admin, and 3) if yes, give him a popup MsgBox alerting him that the particular field in question has been changed. Below is an example of the code I'm using right now for the Order Quantity field, but it doesn't work - the admin doesn't get a popup when the field is changed. Nothing happens.
Code:
Private Sub OrderedLots_AfterUpdate()

If CurrentUser() = "Admin" Then
MsgBox "The order quantity for order ID " & [IDKey] & " has been changed. Please check the Order Status screen", vbExclamation, "Change made to order quantity."
End If

End Sub

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this or provide an idea on how I can get done what I need to get done? This is starting to drive me bonkers...Thanks!