BorisGomel is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Db is fressing

Hi,
    I am wonderig if somebody can help me with this one small problem .I have quite large db wich is located on the share drive and consisted 5 large macros , many table and queries,forms ,reports and so on .A lot of users are using this db .This db is designed to filter data off excel file and output onother excel file which we use to upload it into accounting sofware .I designed the swith board for user to navigate the forms and so on .The problem is the navaigation over the form and reports is fine , but when the user is running macro , the db is friesing when it start to off the swithboard , and I have to cancel the proccess and run again directly off the macro .I did repair and compact database and it didn't help .I would like that the db is being used off swithboard , not off macors , but it is friesing once the macro is staretd off swithboard.

Any ideas how can I fix this .May be I something overlooked in here.I am not a new in Access , but I am not professioinal niether.

Thank you.
    Best Regards.

NoellaG is offline VIP
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Hi,

have you tried to draw a new button on the switchboard and start the macro from the OnClick event from that button?
    You could also try converting the macro's to VBA. That way you can step through the code and see what exactly happens.

Succes
    NG

Db friesing

Thank you NoellaG. I created a new form and placed on there 5 command buttons to run macros. You are right, the db is not friesing as before when macro was attached to switchboard menus direcltly. It seems working, but one small kind of thing , the db is not freising , however the "sand clock" is not dessapearing once macro has been run. It looks likes the db is working or running something , so that "clock" is always up looks like macro is contuinue running that is not .But , if I move the curcour to other swichboard menu the"clock" is transfer to "pointer" and I can execute the command .When it is done , and the cursor moved off and the cursor transfer to "clock" looks like again db is running something , but it is not .

Thank you again NoellaG .

Really Apprecite you help,

Best Reagards.

NoellaG is offline VIP
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Hi Boris,

add at the end of your macro the action "Hourglass" and set it to off or false, this should do the trick.

success
    NG

Db friesing

Hi NoellaG,

I did it as you said - placed at the end of each macro the action "Hourglass" and set it to off and now the db works beatufully without freising and any problems at all.

Thank you vey much NoellaG .I am really appreaciate you help and time

The Best Reagards.

PS .Will mark as solved.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.