Dallas is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Encrypting Forms

Looking for some assistance regarding encrypting/protecting forms before distributing to a goup for edits/additions. I know how to encrypt the entire database but need to protect just the form before sending.

Ideally, the individual would receive an email, be prompted to input a password before openning, and then be able to edit the form fields (all within the body of the email) as needed before submitting back to me. Once I receive the completed form, I would be able to review the edits, accept all changes, and automatically input the new information into the original database.

Is this possible?

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    when you refer to 'sending' ; are you discussing the 'data by email' method?

or are you saying you are sending the entire db? if so, then save it as a .mde or .accde so that no design changes can be made.

maybe this helps.

Dallas is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I am looking to distribute only the form via send data by email option. I do not wish to encrypt the entire database and send that out.

Steps (if possible): encrypt form-->send to recipients-->recipients fill out form and then submit via email to me-->automatically import new information into the database

Is this at all possible?

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    I am not aware of an encryption method of the form that is used in the data-by-email feature in terms of the Access feature set. Whether or not encrypted email can be affected at another level i.e. outlook....I wouldn't know.

khalid is offline MS-Access Developer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Forms are used only to store data to the database, a table, and used as a popups for some other dialogue boxes for report printings.

Sending your form through email, has put me thinking that why you want to send the forms for data entry, either you can send a link of your database to your user on the same network for entry...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.