pdougan is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit

multiple license question

I have MS Office that comes licensed for three computers. I would like to add MS Access but can't seem to find anywhere that sells MS Access with licensing for three computer. Is this option available?

I am retired and the only user for my home system. I have three computers in my home network and won't buy additional licensing since I am the only user.

It seems the only way around my problem is switching to Open Office which is not my preference.

Am I missing something or is buying multiple licenses the only way around my problem?

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    well...I have an option for you...

notice that...when you register the MS office product, especially when you buy it from a college or other discount-authorized entity, that after you install it 5 or 6 times on a single machine, it requires you to actually call into the automated call center and enter the product key into the phone system. That is what I've noticed out this.

I don't know where you bought this, but MS has apparently used this tactic as a "not-so-effective" method at deterring people from pirating their software.

This works fine, but obviously you can share it by this method. I have found this out, and I've purchased MS office via a college, but I'm not sure if it's the same for ms access discs, if that's what you have.

I can tell you this though...most software, as I'm still aware of, use registry settings and/or keys to identify whether or not the software has been installed on the machine before. Hence, deleting registry keys and/or running programs like CCleaner, will get rid of evidence of this sort, that will enable you to re-install MS programs more than once.

I know, in the past that Adobe has use registry methods to check this sort of thing, but I cannot say for sure if they have changed this or not. But it would be my guess that MS HAS kept the registry method, as lower profile society tend to use MS software than Adobe software. Higher profile society, in general, tend to use Adobe software for various reasons.

Food for thought for you...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.