fender357 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Restating a problem

I'm posting this again as a new thread since the other thread had gotten long and now this is a new problem.

Bringing this old post back to life because of course something is broken now!
    The wondrous ssanfu was able to find a resolution for me last time to this but now the phone system has updated and they've changed the output format of the excel files! Which completely breaks the program!
    Now the dumb thing gives a username AND date time in the same column!
    So the required end result of the program is the same...
    Rework the input file so that for each individual call, the username is put into a column next to the call information... But it's gone to a whole new level of "I don't get this..".
    I'm attaching a straight export from the phone system so you can see exactly what it is doing now.
    I'm also putting up the last version of the 'program' I had made using what ssanfu had given me to work with.
    Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    umm....if you would like anyone else to help you with this other than ssanfu, I would suggest a description.

not all of us followed your last one.

fender357 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ajetrumpet View Post
    umm....if you would like anyone else to help you with this other than ssanfu, I would suggest a description.

not all of us followed your last one.
    Yep, duh
    So pretty much, if you look at the excel file you can see what data I'm dealing with.
    The first column is giving you a name, and then below the name are the date/time values for the calls the person answered. The trouble is trying to count the number of calls for each person when you have thousands of these lines. What was previously being done was the person's name was copied and then pasted next to the date/time data (because before the date/time was in it's own column and below the username it was blank).
    So now, the program just needs to look at the name, then look at the rows below it that have a date time and put that name next to each row for that persons call. It would then stop at Subtotal since that is at the bottom of each bundle of calls and just keep going all the way down the list.
    So if we can just get the username next into a row next to the call information that pertains to that users calls, I can do the simple stuff to count the calls and the other kinds of things I actually understand how to do

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.