rafterman550 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

MS query help PLEASE!

Hello i dont know if anybody can help me i hope i have come to the right place.

I have a small one table access database for quotes we log at work.

there database consists of quote number / creator / date quote recieved or Date recieved, date_returned to customer and date required that the customer recieved the quote.
    Our boss wants to see a report of all quotes in a summary for each staff member which or creator and then would like to see how many of these quotes are past the date required field.

i have so far setup a query with the following field

Creator
    Quote_No
    Date_Recieved Between [enter date] And Now()
    Date_Req
    Date_ret Is Null

Where the date returned isnull or blank are all the quotes for the date range that effectively have not been sent back to the customer.

I can add that figure to a report and sort by creator and then see a figure for each staff member with oustanding quotes.

However the next part i am stiuck on. My boss would like to see how many of these are quotes in that date range are past there date_required i,e the date they should of been expected at back at the customer

I want to work out from all our quotes where the date returned = isnull how many are past there date_required

Does this make sense to anybody hope you can help

Regards

Daniel Schindler

Rixxe is offline Blessed Bear
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Sounds like you want to make a query that in the where condition states something like this:

WHERE Date_ret Is Null and Date_Recieved > Date_Req

This should mean: You will only get those where the Date_ret is Null, and you find all those records in which the Date_Recieved is past the Date_req, which means that its late or beyond what it should be.

Let us know how you get on.

Good Luck.

rafterman550 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Hello Rixxie

Thank you for response ill give it a shot !

Regards

Daniel

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.