WestofYouLB is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Query w/ 1 record in Table 1, many in Table 2

I have a query I use to check references for prospective employees. It runs a form but the form isn't working either just now, so let's look at the query.

In the past, when all was good, I could fill in the data from Table 1 and then go on to the Table 2 data and fill that in. I would get multiple instances of the same "badge numbers" from Table 1, and in each row data from Table 2 that was different but which shared a badge number with the Table 1 data.

In the query, you can see that past entries are still as I described above: multiple instances of Table 1 data and the rest of the row is differing data from Table 2, as it should be.

But for all new input, I am blocked from entering any data from Table 2, once I have filled in the data from Table 1. And I can't save with additional instances of Table 1. Obviously I have changed something, but the fact that the "old" data is intact is puzzling. And relieving!

Badge number in both tables is indexed, not unique, and not primary. The names of the indexes in both tables are the same, "BadgIndex". While Table 1 badge number is a field in the query, the Table 2 badge number is not.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks.

Don.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Do you get a specific error message?
    Can you post a picture of your tables and relationships?And the sql of your query?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.