Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Duncan is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Find attached. Some where along the line the database changed to Acess 2007 from the verson that we were using. I extacted the zib file as a test which worked b/f posting Many thnaks

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I started taking a look at your database, what is the purpose of the tblClientCDOutput?

Nothing can be deleted. Just left over from and an earlier post which you corrected me on RE: you would never use a table to display the data but, you would use a query.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    The problem was that your assesment form was bound to that table. I'll clean it up tonight if I have some time. Then I'll have to look at the next form that opens.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    1. The Appendix list box and showing the Appendix data with the Appendix Category data in the list box. I can get one to show like the rest but not too then getting the appropriate thing recorded in the table ClientAssessmentCdAppendix.
    I assume that multiple appendix items from multiple categories many need to be chosen for 1 clinical domain which means that you would probably have to handle it a little differently (i.e. a different form setup).

2. Generate a query to pull all the data together. This ended up like a dogs breakfast. The issue is all the data is stored in numbers and I must be thick B/C I’m having troubles getting them into words again also
    3. Combining the data together in the same ‘cell’ if two things are selected. I went to the website (which is great by the way) and tried the query way and code way but both are a little over my head to say the least and just end up with errors upon error upon code compiling errors (I have been debugging all week!).
    These two items will probably have to be done in conjunction with one another.

I did not have as much time as I thought I would this evening, so I was not able to accomplish much.

I feel guilty for continually asking for assistance. So please any help offered is absolutely excellent from my end and please take as long as you want. I have included a version of the same data base I sent you in the last post I was working on last night with no coding errors. The Observations and Other CD are working well (coded). Tonight I’m working on the Medication module.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    In your previous version, you had some code that tried to open the medications table but you really wanted to open a form that was not yet created. I am wondering whether medications should actually be tied to a clinical domain or whether they should be tied directly to a client unless you investigate every medication at every visit made by a client irrespective of any previous visits. I was unsure about this so I did not how to proceed with the medication aspect.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    I cleanup a couple things on your frmClientAssess for the MRN value (just grabbed it from the name combo box); the updated DB is attached. Since you were going to work on the medication module, I figured that I would let you give it a shot on your own since you know more about how you want the data entry to flow.

I thought of that exact same thing re the medication on the way to work today. That is, all clients have medication irrespective of assessment date so I was going to use the MRN and link medication directly to the client but use the clinical domain selection to open the medication form. Reason being is I want the staff to think of all Clinical Domains thus if meds only need to be updated at least they are prompted to review other clinical domains at the same time. Will see how I go the next couple of days. Many thanks

Hi. I have completed the medication form. It works well. I just adapted what I needed from your original code. The only issue (aesthetics only, no bigy) is when the ‘Save Client Medication’ button is selected the ‘Medication Index ‘cbobox is set to Null and also the listbox below it, however the data remains showing in the listbox where it should be emptied.
    I think the forms are now ready the problems mentioned in your post No. 50. I have tried to tackle one of these problems via a qry and subform in the medication form under label ‘Client Medication List’ however the client medication list does not change corresponding to when the client is changed (otherwise it works well). Further, I have put a rectangle titled ‘Client Clinical Domains List’ where the client clinical domains equivalent would go. Would you be able to help re: your post No. 50 issues?
    You will notice I have changed some of the table names (tblClient specifically) and some of the field headings. This is for ease of transferring/linking to the main database later on.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    I was not able to look at your database last night due to some severe weather that knocked out my internet connection. I will try to take a look at it tonight.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    The only issue (aesthetics only, no bigy) is when the ‘Save Client Medication’ button is selected the ‘Medication Index ‘cbobox is set to Null and also the listbox below it, however the data remains showing in the listbox where it should be emptied.
    I took care of this by setting the rowsource of the list box = "" when the user opts to enter another medication.

subform in the medication form under label ‘Client Medication List’ however the client medication list does not change corresponding to when the client is changed (otherwise it works well)
    I just added criteria to the subform's record source to be filtered by the combo box, and then in the after update event of the combo box forced a requery of the subform.

Further, I have put a rectangle titled ‘Client Clinical Domains List’ where the client clinical domains equivalent would go
    You will have to have mini-subforms that corresponds to each category (issue, etc.). You would work them just as I describe above.

I'll try to get back to the rest a little later on. The modified DB is attached.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    I started working on the summary using the concatenation function from Allen Browne's site. If done the issues and action/considerations as an illustration (see the query: qrySummaryByClientAssessCD). You will have to be careful as there is a note in Allen's function about exceeding 255 characters.

G-Day . Thank you for the last post. I tried the ‘concatRelated’ the way you did but I did not have the right tables in the qry to get it to work (I assume the 255 character limit is for a cell not a who field) – it looks so simple like VBA code when looking at it. I have added ‘Comments’ to the qry using ‘concatRelated’. I’m sure this is not the best way however it works. When testing this qry the Appendix category was showing repetitive data. For example, for Actions/Considerations you might choose ‘Equipment required’ and when selecting the appendix ‘Equipment requir’ (category) was showing again along with the actual piece of equipment. For the moment I’m working on the database without the Appendix category (I can add it back in if you think it is necessary please let me know).
    I’m not sure why, but the ‘Client Medications List’ loads on the form for the first client when opened. When a new client is selected the Med List clears then when the new client meds are selected they do not load into the ‘Client Med List’ summary field like when the first clients did. No sure why.
    I think this is my last question (yare right). Is there a way to be able to edit a Clinical Domains previously completed or will the staff always have to create new Clinical Domains even if a small change is required like a piece of equipment.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Is there a way to be able to edit a Clinical Domains previously completed or will the staff always have to create new Clinical Domains even if a small change is required like a piece of equipment.
    If they create new, then you will end up with duplicate records for the same client. You will have to create a form(s) to allow the user to edit existing records.

I tried the ‘concatRelated’ the way you did but I did not have the right tables in the qry to get it to work
    You may need to create a query to bring the necessary tables together first and then use that query in the concatRelated function.

(I assume the 255 character limit is for a cell not a who field) –
    The 255 character limit is for a field, so if you concatenate 10 actions/considerations & each has 30 characters, you will exceed the 255 character limit.

For example, for Actions/Considerations you might choose ‘Equipment required’ and when selecting the appendix ‘Equipment requir’ (category) was showing again along with the actual piece of equipment.
    Since the equip required occurs in both tables then it will be repeated in the two fields that would result when using the function separately on those two tables. This goes back to how you set up the relationships. You said you wanted to treat each as separate (still related only back to the clinical domain but with no relationship between the various groupings i.e. actions/considerations, issues, appendix etc.). I did mention that some of the items in these various groupings appeared to be related.

The other option is to not show the category of the appendix, but only the item.

I’m not sure why, but the ‘Client Medications List’ loads on the form for the first client when opened. When a new client is selected the Med List clears then when the new client meds are selected they do not load into the ‘Client Med List’ summary field like when the first clients did. No sure why.
    I'll take a look at this issue later tonight

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.