Desstro is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Question Form Properties

All of a sudden, I can not in design view open the form properties or properties on any database. These are database that I have created and one in particular I havent put any code in yet to lock that stuff down.

Seriously confused. Anybody run into this before and if so how do I fix it?

Also I can not open the properties on a Brand new DB I just started..... now really confused.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Desstro View Post
    I can not in design view open the form properties or properties on any database.
    any details?

you expect us to help you now that BP has been granted permission to start drilling in the ocean again?? LOL!

I love it...

Desstro is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Its funny that you keep referencing BP to my posts. I don't work for BP. I work for an inspection company subcontracted by BP. And I don't work in the Ocean.

I did find on www.Access-Programmers.co.uk/ others who ran into the exact same problem. The solution didn't make much sense to me but it worked.

"datAdrenaline" in Access-Programmers says
    The reason this happens is due typically do to the fact that the Property Sheet became part of the CommandBars collection in A2007. So if you have code that hides all your CommandBars, something like this ...

Code:
    For each obj in CommandBars
    Obj.Enabled =False
    Next Obj
    So, EVERY time you start your app ... you will disable the property sheet.

If you do this type of thing, I would suggest NOT doing it ... and instead specifically HIDE the CommandBars you don't want to have visible. Please do note that changing the visibility is different than enabling/disabling ... I typically prefer to change the visibility.

Please note that in A97 and A2003, the "Property Sheet" was NOT stored in the CommandBars collection ... so ... this is not an issue in those versions.

To remedy your immediate issue, with what I consider a much easier fix, just open the VBA editor ... get to the immediate window and type out the following ...

CommandBars("Property Sheet").Enabled = True

Then hit the enter key to execute the command ... you *should* then be able to view your property sheet as per norm.

Hope this helps ... __________________
    Brent Spaulding | datAdrenaline |

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    the other reason I don't research a solution for you, which is very apparent now, is because most of the time I see that you solve it yourself before the answer is figured out here. and the post was not marked as solved?? A lot of times I wonder why you even post here. Obviously you have the talent to solve problems yourself.

It's kind of a waste of time, ya know?? But congrats to you anyway.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.