Renata Costa is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

data does not appear on the report

Hi all,

I have been "developing" a training database for my company, but now I am stuck at a point where I can't find a solution, I believe it is the most simple thing, but I can't figure it out.

So I have a form based on a training courses table, this form is more or less like this:

course type - course description - original date - most recent date

then I have another form based on a refresher course table that is linked to the training course (as subform) and it is as it shows below

refresher number - date - notes.

every time that I populate the date on the refresher form it goes automatically to the most recent date on the training courses form ( as I used the dmax exp) however when I do the reports it does not show the most recent date.

I had a look also in the table and even if the form has the most recent date box populated it does not appear on the table and I believe that is the reason that I can't see it in the report, what is the best solution to sort this out?

Thank you

kennejd is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Your using a dmax function...which calculates the max date but does not store it at the table level...this is actually correct methodology. If you use the dmax function in your report, the date should be correct.

Renata Costa is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Thank you for your help, it did work however now I have another problem, sorry to be a pain, but maybe you can help me out!

Basically my report comes like this

TRAINING COURSES FOR CURRENT EMPLOYEE
    name surname

COURSE DESCRIPTION COURSE TYPE DATE MOST RECENT DATE:
    AXS CONTROL CHECK IN 15-Oct-10 04/05/2007
    DGR AWARENESS STATUTORY 16-Apr-10 04/05/2007
    FIRE AND EVACUATION STATUTORY 06-Oct-05 04/05/2007
    GAETAN CHECK IN 02-Jul-08 04/05/2007
    SECURITY AWARENESS STATUTORY 03-Dec-08 04/05/2007
    HEALTH AND SAFETY STATUTORY 05-Oct-05 04/05/2007

So I have different courses where the employees have been trained on different dates and the most recent date is the same date of the last refresher course that the employee has done. I did use the dmax in the report, but the most recent date that appears unfortunately do not link correctly with the correspondent course. The first line is correct, but as you can see from the second line onwards the most recent date is the same and of course that a refresher course can not take place prior than the original date.

In the form everything works well but I don't know if I should modify the query which the report is based on, or modify again the report...

It's difficult to explain without showing it to you, but in case you can understand what I am trying to say and you have any idea of how I could sort this issue out I would really appreciate.

Thanks again

Renata

Windows XP Access 2007
    You need to include a condition in your dmax function...otherwise it just dmaxes the entire recordset. Something like this:

DMax("UnitPrice", "Order Details", "OrderID = " & [OrderID] )

It seems like you could follow the same format as your form....since it's working.

Windows XP Access 2007
    You will also need to include the course name in your condition.

DMax("UnitPrice", "Order Details", "OrderID = " & [OrderID] & " AND CourseName ='" & [CourseName] & "'")

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.