I see some other normalization opportunities in your pond table, but I am more concerned with the checklist form you posted. It will be very difficult to get a bound Access form to resemble your checklist and still preserve the integrity of your table structure. Going back to one of your earlier posts, you mention that the inspectors will be recording the information via tablets. I don't know much about how Access functions in tablets, but are you going to split the database into front (forms, reports and queries) and back (tables only) ends like that typical for multiuser applications with each inspector having a copy of the front end & how are they going to connect to the backend when they are out in the field? Or are you planning on using the database via Sharepoint in a web application? If neither of those, then I would assume that each inspector will have their own copy of the database, but then how are you going to synchronize all of the data from the various tablets? (Sychronization is a little beyond my knowledge base, but from what I have read, it can be a little tricky.)

The other possible option I thought of would be to create an Excel spread sheet that mimics your checklist and then import the data into a temp table in Access and then use a series of append queries to move the data into a proper table structure.