tarhim47 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Filtering a report

Hi everyone,

I've got a deadline coming up and I could really use some help. Dont know why I leave stuff to the last minute. In any case, I am creating a dbase where multiple staff can record leads on potential clients. Ive got the basics down, just need some help with some of the more complex items.

Here goes....
    i) filtering a report

I have a form whereby multiple staff record leads they have on potential clients. The way to id which staff member has the lead is by way of "File Number" in the form. The input mask for the file number is as follows: !0000-00-LL, eg: 2011-09-MS. "MS" would be the initial of the staff member. Once the data has been entered into the form, the staff member can then view the report with all leads, called "Lead Activity Report."

What I'm trying to do is simple. I want to allow the staff to view the report with all leads or leads from a particular staff or a group of staff.

How can I create a prompt/button/combo box/etc to allow the user to choose to view just their own leads or leads created by AB, and BD for example? I was thinking of using an Option Group which includes all the staff members and selecting one will show the leads for just that staff member.

THANK YOU in advance to everyone who takes some time out of their day to help me out and if there is anything I can do in return, please do not hesitate to ask me and Ill do my best to accommodate.

I tried my best to explain this as clearly as possible but if there is some confusion and you need clarification, please email me at t a r h i m 4 7 @ h o t m a i l . c o m

My dbase is attached.

Take Care

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Haven't looked at the sample, but here's a method to let the user select one or more items to view on a report:

http://www.baldyweb.com/multiselect.htm

Sounds like you'd need to use the Right() function to only look at the last 2 letters of your field.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

tarhim47 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Hey Paul,

You're idea is correct but I dont want the user having to go through a query in order to modify the report.

I want the user to be able to open the report and quickly click a button or make a choice from the Option Group to filter the report.

Something like Filter - Selection which is already available in Access. All you do is select what you want to filter with your mouse and click filter and it does it for you. So for me, if I want to see the leads generated by MB, all I do is select MB under the file number and click Filter and then click Selection. This is what I want but without having to select anything.

Any other ideas?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.