Hello,

I am looking for a little bit of guidance. At work, we have an Excel product that imports about 50,000 records every morning and applies a lot of business rules to pair that data down to about 15,000 records. Each record is a row. It then marks each record so that only certain offices pull up specific records to their office/function. I know I can get Access to do the same thing, much faster and easier as everyone will be able to use the database as a single common file.

However, this excel spreadsheet does something I am having a VERY difficult time replicating in Access. It uses a comparative function to look at each record, and display any changes. These changes are displayed as follows:
New Record - The whole records color is Bold and Blue
Deleted record - The whole record is shown with a Strike-Through
Change Field - The specific Field is Bold and Red (with an excel memo of when the change was made.)

There are a couple of other font changes that it makes, but I think you get the idea. Can I get Access to do something similar? I am having a tough time getting it to understand when an import is done and a field is changed, to then make that field Bold Red. I am trying to leverage using the query functions if at all possible for speed. I would like to keep the import functions time down to a minimum.

Any suggestions?