Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bajaz001 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechCoach View Post
    Since I don't have a clue about what your datasbes is trying to do I don't don't know how to help you do this proeprly.

If you actaully have ~100 user then you would need to copy the set of tables ~100 times. If you cwna to copy the table then I would look inot separate back ends. I still thin kthe correct solutuion is using a single set of tables.
    There is ONE user. In table Korisnici, is just a data (customers, not user).

Once again, i need 1. FORM that updates booth tables Korisnici and CopyofKorisnici OR vbcode that Copy/Paste Korisnici table automaticly. Resultat is the same, a had identical data in 2 tables (without related data in CopyofKorisnici/Korisnici_uslu whatever)

HiTechCoach is offline MS MVP - Access Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajaz001 View Post
    There is ONE user. In table Korisnici, is just a data (customers, not user).

One user?

You said in a previous post:
    ... also i would have ~100 users (not big deal).

Once again, i need 1. FORM that updates booth tables Korisnici and CopyofKorisnici OR vbcode that Copy/Paste Korisnici table automaticly. Resultat is the same, a had identical data in 2 tables (without related data in CopyofKorisnici/Korisnici_uslu whatever)
    copy table or copy data (records)?

If you want to copy just the data between tables then try using an append query or a recordset.
    Last edited by HiTechCoach; 03-21-2011 at 08:53 PM.

One user?
    Me.
    You said in a previous post:

Missunderstood.

copy table or copy data (records)?

If you wan to copy just the data between tables then rry using an append query or a recordset.
    Just data after update first table.
    When i enter data trought form into Korisnici (table), a want this data also in Korisnici_uslu (or whatever name is). Simply C/P works, but i want this automaticly done.

Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    I have no other suggestions at this time. Did you try either method?

Ok does anyone know how to update 2 identiacal tables trought same form. One form update 2 tables (identical tables)?

Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Ok does anyone know how to update 2 identiacal tables trought same form. One form update 2 tables (identical tables)?
    Why?

The reason why you are not finding many answers and that this is not easy to do is because this is not normally done. In a well design and properly normalized database your goal should be to avoid the need to ever have "One form update 2 tables (identical tables)". Any time you have identical tables 99.9999% of the time there is a database design issue.

What you asking to do can be done if you really want to. A common Access method used to have a single form update multiple table is to use a sub form for each additional table. I would start with that. Once you have the form working where you can view the data. Also be able to manually maintain the data to be identical in the multiple tables. Once this works well then you know that you have design your tables properly. The next step will be to write VBA code to help automate the process.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechCoach View Post
    Why?

The reason why you are not finding many answers and that this is not easy to do is because this is not normally done. In a well design and properly normalized database your goal should be to avoid the need to ever have "One form update 2 tables (identical tables)". Any time you have identical tables 99.9999% of the time there is a database design issue.

What you asking to do can be done if you really want to. A common Access method used to have a single form update multiple table is to use a sub form for each additional table. I would start with that. Once you have the form working where you can view the data. Also be able to manually maintain the data to be identical in the multiple tables. Once this works well then you know that you have design your tables properly. The next step will be to write VBA code to help automate the process.
    OK I have issue in my db, but how to solove this. Can you sugest any smarter design? This little thing bugs me for quite long time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.