Please help, I am having trouble importing a .txt file (900 MB contains 12 columns contain number, text, date, address, time & etc) to MS Access 2003. I think there are at least 8-10 millions records in the .txt file. My system (Intel Dual P 2.8GHz 4GB memory) was running extreamly slow while trying to import the data and it also gave me a warning that "system is out of disk space", but I have at least 500 GB free space. At the end, the system finally gave up, I received an error message "invalid argument " from Access right before Access DB reached alittle over 2GB. However, earlier, I was able to import a similar .txt file which had 5 millions records without any problem. So is there a size limit on the MS Access db? If there is, what should I do? Should I use Access to proccess such large file? Any suggestion?

I also ran into a problem with the time format, the time in text file was in 24hr format "hh:nn:ss", when I imported it to Access it changed to the long date format (21:00:00 became 09:00:00 PM) I reformated the time field under "hh:nn:ss" and it appeared all the time were converted to the proper format, but when I clicked on some time entries in table, some of them still showed long date format. Any idea how to convert time properly? Because of this, some query did no return the correct result based on the time.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!