jonesy29847 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Using TempVars in query

Hello,

I am using TempVars in my query, and when I use TempVars for a date range the query fails.

Thanks

jgelpi16 is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Can you post your SQL from the query? Need something to reference.

Windows XP Access 2007
    My problem seem to switch between the TempVars type mismatch and the following code.

Code:
    Private Sub btnPrintInvoice_Click()
    TempVars("queryStartDate").Value = "#" & Format(frmStartDate.Value, Date) & "#"
    TempVars("queryEndDate").Value = "#" & Format(frmEndDate.Value, Date) & "#"
    TempVars("queryJobNo").Value = frmJobNo.Value
    TempVars("queryEmpNo").Value = Val(frmEmpCont.Value)

'this is where the error is
    TempVars("queryNumberOfRecords").Value = DCount("[TaskDate]", "Job Number and Date Range")

DoCmd.OpenQuery "Job Number and Date Range"
    End Sub
    The query is below.

Code:
    SELECT PrimaryCustomer.Phone, PrimaryCustomer.VendorID, Task.Consumables, Task.Holiday, PrimaryCustomer.Approver, BillingInfo.DTSaturday, BillingInfo.OTAfter50Hrs, BillingInfo.OTAfter40Hrs, Task.JobNo, Task.Task, Task.TaskDate, Task.Description, Task.Start, Task.Stop, Task.Lunch, Format(Abs([Start]-[Stop])*24,"0.0") AS Expr1, Task.ContractorEmployee, Task.Travel, [Contractor/Employee].EmpName, Round(IIf([Lunch],0.0208333*24,0),1) AS TimeForLunch, ([Stop]-[Start]-[TimeForLunch]) AS [Time], Round(Abs(([Start]-[Stop])*24)-[TimeForLunch],1) AS Billable, ([STRate]) AS ST, ([OTRate]) AS OT, ([DTRate]) AS DT, PrimaryCustomer.CustName, PrimaryCustomer.StreetAddress, PrimaryCustomer.City, PrimaryCustomer.StateProvince, PrimaryCustomer.ZipPostalCode, PrimaryCustomer.PONumber, PrimaryCustomer.CustJobNumber, SecondaryCustomer.CustName, SecondaryCustomer.CustJobNumber, PrimaryCustomer.Terms
    FROM [Contractor/Employee] INNER JOIN ((((Task INNER JOIN BillingInfo ON Task.JobNo = BillingInfo.JobNo) INNER JOIN PrimaryCustomer ON BillingInfo.JobNo = PrimaryCustomer.JobNo) INNER JOIN SecondaryCustomer ON PrimaryCustomer.JobNo = SecondaryCustomer.JobNo) INNER JOIN EndCustomer ON SecondaryCustomer.JobNo = EndCustomer.JobNo) ON [Contractor/Employee].ID = Task.ContractorEmployee
    WHERE (((Task.JobNo)=[TempVars]![queryJobNo]) AND ((Task.TaskDate) Between [TempVars]![queryStartDate] And [TempVars]![queryEndDate]) AND ((Task.ContractorEmployee)=[TempVars]![queryEmpNo]))
    ORDER BY Task.TaskDate;
    I think the root cause of my issue is my lack of understanding how to prepare data taken from a form and 'type casting' it for TempVars.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Windows XP Access 2007
    OK When I hard code the date range the query runs, so my issue is the TempVars.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.