Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    eww is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Yeah that's what I figured about the GoTo but right now I'm trying all my options.

For an update, I've been keying in test data all day and the access table has been duplicating the same record over and over. At one point the record changed, then for a brief amount of time after one refresh it was magically showing all the correct data that I had entered. Then it changed again and is currently showing a record duplicated down, but different from the very first one that was being duplicated.

This was blowing my mind so I went into the SQL table and all the data is there correctly. For some reason the table in Access is bugging out and showing one record over an over for all those records. My guess on all of this is, we are currently allowing nulls in the ID field, and instead of it auto populating that field with a number like we were talking about originally, it's just leaving it null. This is fine for now because it's only an ID field, it has no relevant data, and I just want this to work at the moment. I relinked the ODBC table and Access asks me for that primary field, which is where I assume is the error. Access is looking for a unique field and this is getting a bunch of null values and Access can't sort it out.

I'll see what I can do about posting something but I can't promise anything, thanks.

eww is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I removed and relinked the table this time without selecting a unique key (didn't know it would let me through without doing that) and the data seems to be finally showing up correctly. I've still got a little work to do on the entry form but hopefully this solves my bigger picture problem. Thanks for your help Paul, I'm going to mark this as solved (even though I'm not 100% sure yet).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.