stryder09 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

active X macro problem

We have replacre our computers at work here and we are using Microsoft office 2007. For some reason with the new computer it will not allow me to open up a database that is on our shared common drive. I have attached the error that comes up. I am I missing a access permission thing? It works from my laptop from the shared drive and from other computers but not this new one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

pkstormy is offline Access/SQL Server Expert
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Check your References to see if any are missing.

Otherwise, you have a problem with the activeX control on that form (or the API coding associated with it.) Make sure to debug/compile the code and possibly re-insert the activeX control making sure you have the correct References for that control. If the activeX control uses a dll or ocx file, make sure that dll or ocx file is accessable.

Windows XP Access 2007
    I dont understand why it would work on a different computer then? Because I have the database shortcutted so no matter what computer you are on you are looking at the same database? Why would it work on mine but not on say your computer?

pkstormy is offline Access/SQL Server Expert
    Windows XP Access 2003
    It sounds like there is a related *.dll or *.ocx file saved somewhere which the one computer can see but the other one cannot. If this is the case, you'll need to copy that file to a place where the other one can see it (unless it's location is hard-coded in the vba code which case you'll also need to change this as well.) The mousewheel.dll is an example of coding used to disable the mousewheel. The related dll file itself though needs to be in a location that all users of the mdb can see/correspond to any coding of it's location. I had to copy it to each pc for one app.

Also check Tools->References to see if any are missing. If so, find which ones correspond and check them. Without seeing any of the API coding or activeX control or setup it's difficult to relate exactly what you need to do.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Part of my problem is with 2007! I don't know where to look up refrences in 2007?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.