LostSoul is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Need help please!

Hi,

I am studying double degree in Project Management (Civil Infrastructure) and Civil Engineering. I enrolled in a two semestral subject called Asset Management Systems and Asset Sustainability. I was given a project/assignment on Asset Management Systems and am required to use MS Access to find solution.

The assignment provides the following info:-

- Details of assets (makes, models, serial numbers, etc) – 87 in total
    - Details of employees – 6 in total
    - Details of subcontractors – 5 in total
    - Details of suppliers – 19 in total
    - Details of spare parts (makes, models, serial numbers, etc) – 132 in total

It also states the following criteria:-

- Each asset is required to have scheduled maintenance on a regular basis (dates have been given). In addition to that, each asset is to be repaired if faulty.
    - A number of tests and audits is to be carried out periodically for each asset, to make sure assets are in good condition.
    - Employees are responsible for scheduled maintenance, tests and audits and subcontractors are responsible for repairs.

It’s asking me to do the following:-

- Group above data in tables.
    - List scheduled maintenance, repairs, tests and audits in table/s.
    - Have “spare parts used” table.

- Have “spare parts order” table.
    - Find out number of spare parts in stock.
    - Find out which assets are to be tested and audited in the following week.
    - Find out which assets are to have scheduled maintenance in the following week.
    - Produce reports for the following:
    o Assets which have had scheduled maintenance done.
    o Assets which have been repaired due to a fault.
    o Assets which have been tested and audited.

I must use forms to make data input easier. I can have as many tables/forms and queries as possible as long as I achieve a positive outcome.

I need your help and suggestions on how to do this as my knowledge in using MS Access is rather limited.

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

LostSoul is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003
    To simplify the matters a little I’ve started the assignment and have created the following tables and forms:-

- Assets Table/Form

- Spare Parts Table/Form

- Spare Parts Order Table/Form (among the others it has SparePartID and SupplierID columns and I’ve created relationship with SparePartID and SupplierID column from Spare Parts Table and Suppliers Table. Am I on the right track?? )

- Subcontractors Table/Form

- Employees Table/Form

- Suppliers Table/Form (among the others it has SparePartID column and I’ve created relationship with SparePartID column from Spare Parts Table. Am I on the right track?? )

- Scheduled Maintenance Table/Form (among the others it has EmployeeID and SparePartID columns and I’ve created relationship with EmployeeID and SparePartID columns from Employees and Spare Parts tables. Am I on the right track??)

- Repairs Table/Form (among the others it has ContractorID and SparePartID columns and I’ve created relationship with ContractorID and SparePartID columns from Subcontractors and Spare Parts tables. Am I on the right track??)

- Tests and Audits Table/Form (among the others it has EmployeeID column and I’ve created relationship with EmployeeID column from Employees table. Am I on the right track??)

Now, how can I create a query which will determine number of spare parts in stock?
    Also, how can I create a query which will “notify” about scheduled maintenance for next 7 days?

Cheers

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.