asearle is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

2010 Replication Problem

I hope someone has a tip for me ...

I have developed replication functionality using MS-Access 2007 and it works fine, including a littel utility (supplied with MS-Access) to resolve data conflicts during synchronisation.

Everything fine so far.

However, I have rolled the application out and find that some users who have switched to 2010 can synchronise OK but get a message that the conflict resolution utility is not installed.

I have googled on this and am finding messages that the Conflict Resolution Utility is (for some reason ???) not supplied with Access 2010 and that you have to do all kinds of coding in order to get an environment for handling this.

Can this be correct? Surely not!

I hope that someone out there can give me a tip so that my 2010 users can get back to resolutive their conflicts in a comfortable manner (without me having to write acres of code !!!).

Many thanks.

Regards,
    Alan Searle

cnelson is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Similiar issue

I seem to have a related issue. I am attempting to fix an issue a client has received when updating Office from 2007 to 2010. I receive a "Write Conflict" message when saving a form. I rolled back to Office 2007 and did not receive this message. When I update to 2010, then I receive this error.

Has anyone else had this issue? The client's access system has many database calls. I have found several places to update the queries. However, I don't want to have to tell ask the client for more hours with a proposal that "May" solve the issue.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.