KevinMCB is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Time to polish these buttons

Hey all! I am in need of a little assistance on wrapping up my database. Basically I want to make it as easy as possible for the end user. I have a button that my end user will use on nearly a daily basis. It runs four queries, (all three types) a saved export function, and an OutputTo function.

When the user presses this button you have to go the series of yes/no popups asking if you want to proceed, and you have to enter the date for one of the queries as well. I was wondering if there is a way to set this process up so that a MsgBox comes up first with a yes/no do you want to continue with this, and will cancel the macro actions if no is selected. In case the end user pressed the button by accident (I can only have the export run once a day max, so if done on accident early in the day it cannot be done again).

The second part of this is if I can use the SetWarnings action to take out all those yes/no questions for each query or action the button is performing (obviously I can't get around entering the date, which is fine).

If anyone can give me some tips on how to do this that would be great. I am fairly new to all the action selections that access uses so I do not know exactly how to set up or use each action, or in what order every time. Thanks!

KevinMCB is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Just noticed I can turn off notices for queries under database options - advanced. Problem solved.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.