d3pl0y3d is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Da 31

I work in the training room at an AIT. I've made a database of our student's information, and I'm now trying to make a DA 31 that more or less fills itself out. The problem that I come to is that when I get one that I can either open in access or that I can copy/paste to access, it is about 1/3rd too small. I can't seem to find a way to make it the proper size. I am in no way an expert at anything office related. Everything I've managed to create and figure out so far has been through trial and error. If anyone has done something like this before or has any kind of suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

A DA 31 is a leave form used by the army. It is easily searchable and viewable if you need to see it. I plan on making blocks 2, 3, 4, and 6 fill automatically, and the rest that I need 5, 9b, 10a and b so that I can enter the information myself.

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I take it you already have a form set up where a user can select a name or ID number to obtain this information. What you can do now is create a report that uses the DA 31 form as the background image. Then all you need to do is put the textboxes that contain the relevant information right on top of the image. Upon print, it will look perfect.

That works really well. I never would've thought about it. I just gotta work with the image till I can get it to stretch and still be clear. For what I need it for, it's fine. I just know one of the people it has to go through will kick it back for looking somewhat blurry though. I'm sure I'll figure out something to make it work.

Thanks much.

Windows XP Access 2003
    How big is the resolution on your monitor? If it's big enough, you can simply take a screen shot of the pdf and save it as a .jpg.

Also, please mark the thread solved so people searching through the forum can make use of it. Thanks!

That's actually exactly what I ended up doing, and it works exactly how I hoped. We have to push out about 50-80+ of these a week, usually all at once. This is literally going to save me hours.

thanks again

Windows XP Access 2003
    Anytime, it's the same way I create invoices. I design it in photoshop them put it right onto the report background and fill it in. Prints and saves to pdf for emailing like a charm.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.