janel is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Input dates and provide corresponding information from table

Hello,

I have a tasks database that I've setup and would like to be able to have a user input two dates (Datefrom and Dateto), click Submit, and provide the user with a query based on those dates from our task list table.

I have a home screen which has a button for "Tasks Due Between Two Dates" and it pops up a small form called DateRange that has a choose your date range, with one field "Datefrom" and another field "Dateto". It has a Submit button on it. I have input masking for the date fields so the user knows what format to input the dates as.

The table I want to be able to query off of is called "ITSD Self Assessment Tasks"

On click, I want to close the DateRange form, run the query and show the results.

I am completely lost as to how to pass the Datefrom and Dateto parameters chosen by the user through a query to the table.

here's the random gobbledegook I have so far for the on-click action for the Submit button. I know it's crap.:

Private Sub SubmitDates_Click()
    Dim datefrom As Date
    Dim Dateto As Date
    Let datefrom = Me.datefrom.Value
    Let Dateto = Me.Dateto.Value

strSQL = "SELECT * FROM [ITSD Self Assessment Tasks] WHERE [Due Date] <= Me.Dateto And [Due Date] >= Me.datefrom"

CurrentDb.Execute strSQL

End Sub

So, please, help!

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Lets try:

Code:
    Private Sub SubmitDates_Click()
    Dim datefrom As Date
    Dim Dateto As Date
    Set datefrom = Me.datefrom
    Set Dateto = Me.Dateto

strSQL = "SELECT * FROM [ITSD Self Assessment Tasks] WHERE [Due Date] <= "  & Dateto & " And [Due Date] >= " & datefrom ";"

CurrentDb.Execute strSQL

End Sub
    Notice the concatenation using &. Read up on that for more information. Also, its "Set", not "Let". Finally, There is no need to use Me. when using a declared variable. datefrom will suffice. Although, you can simply get rid of it and Use Me.dateFrom. the .Value is implied in VBA (I take it you come from a VB background)

janel is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Compile Error

Hi Shabz, thanks for the help.

I'm getting a compile error: Object required. It highlights the Set Datefrom = Me.Datefrom line. For giggles I set it back to Let instead of Set, as that's seemed to work in my previous events. Then recompiled and now I get a Compile Error: Syntax Error, highlighting the last line, specifically the ";" portion at the end of your line.

strSQL = "SELECT * FROM [ITSD Self Assessment Tasks] WHERE [Due Date] <= " & Dateto & " And [Due Date] >= " & Datefrom ";"

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.