Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000

Bold Field by Cursor Position

What I want to do is to bold the contents of a single field in a Continuous Form when I enter another field (in the same Record) for editing. Is there a way to do this for the current Record only?

I've tried using the .FontWeight Property, but that changes all the Records in the Form, not just the current one.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    .accdb has Rich Text capability.

the best I can offer.

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Can you change the format of a (Rich Text) Field in a Continuous Form without it changing the format of all the other Records' Fields?

And, if so, does that capability work if you back-port it to an MDB or do you lose Rich-text capability?

Not that it really matters. We only have Access 2000 here at work and I doubt the brass would be willing to spend the moolah to upgrade :/

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    one converts both BE & FE to .accdb; and then the rich text is held in the table's data set itself. So yes, it would be per record and not at the form level so would work for your continuous form situation.

had exact same scenario as you; and just explained to mgmt that one is 'feature bound'....they were on the verge of needing to upgrade overall anyway so in the end they went up to 07. Works good - they are into Red font for critical items....

not sure if it is just memo field types or not - double check that point before you commit....my scenario was of a memo field type but am presuming is valid in text field types too but worthy of a double check on that point.

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Ah. So the Rich Text is actually stored as Table Data and not in the Form. . .

Well, I'll look into it. If it can do that with numeric fields I might go ahead and make the proposal. . .

Thanks!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.