Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    there are size limits for the file types. see here: https://www.accessforums.net/faq.php...l&titlesonly=0

the sizes aren't there, but it tells you how to upload. also, db files are best uploaded if zipped up first. use winrar or winzip

Swilliams987 is offline Need Not Be Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Thank you for the zip tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Swilliams987 View Post
    Thank you for the zip tip!
    (laugh). I'll get back to you. give me a bit...I'm not home at the moment.

btw, you forgot to give instructions: https://www.accessforums.net/program...html#post46627

Oops!!

Forms to look at: frmLRCAMain is the main form that contains multiple subforms.

Suforms to look at: Every other form you see in the navigation pane are all subforms, despite my inability to label them "sfrm" instead of "frm." Everyone one of those subforms have been placed in frmLRCAMain.

What I want: I want to be able to tab through the first subform, frmRabiesVaxLicensingAnimals, and when I reach the last field of this subform, numCitationsIssuedRabiesViolations, I want to be able to tab into the first field into the next subform, numDogsVax in frmRabiesVaxLicensingDOGS. Then I want to be able to tab out of frmRabiesVaxLicensingDOGS and into the corresponding field for frmRabiesVaxLicensingCATS, which is numCatsVax. Then I want to tab back into frmRabiesVaxLicensingDOGS and enter into the second field, numDogsLicensedinVaxClinic and then tab out of the sfrm and into frmRabiesVaxLicensingCATS into numCatsLicensedinVaxClinic. And so on, and so forth. Confused as to why I didn't just do both dogs and cats on the same forms? Ya, me too. At the time I thought that it would disobey the rules of normalization if I did that.

If you can help that would be wonderful! I have built another very beautiful database with all kinds of VB code- and then I put this one together, a much smaller more simplistic database, for information I gather annually from CA counties, and even though it's a simplier database, it's proving to be a much bigger headache!

Thanks!

as far as syntax goes, here's an example of some code that will work for you (tested and confirmed):

Code:
    Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)

Me.tblRabiesVaxLicensingDOGS.SetFocus
    Me.tblRabiesVaxLicensingDOGS.Form!numDogsVax.SetFocus

End Sub
    so that shows you what to do and with what objects to do it. as far as going to this same location when you exit a control on the first subform, I don't know. you'll have to try it. You cannot detect the tab key and run this code only when that is pressed inside a spec' text box, but you might be able to do it on the exit event or something. You'll know when you try it!

As far as cycling and tab stopping between subforms like that, no, I doubt you can. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction. Do you think that it would be easier to re-arrange each table, and thus, subform so that the dogs and cats data are together? Because right now, I have a subform like tblRabiesVaxLicensingDogs and another one for tblRabiesVaxLicensingCats...I wondering if it would be okay to just combine the two. That would solve the tabbing issue as well.

Thanks again!

i'm sure you 'can' do that, but I only know what I saw from your form. It's extremely off-kilter. No offense of course, as I'm sure you're well versed in Access as you seem to be.

I don't know what 'vax' stands for (hopefully not the same as VAT!) but i do know what 'rabies' are and if you're managing data for cats and dogs that basically fall under the same category of their own, but belong to a bigger "section" of data like "animals for orange county", then yes, they need to be grouped together, as the current way would make no sense at all (in terms of normalization).

Thanks for you help! I have re-designed the database which solved a lot of the problems!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.