KevinMCB is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Switchboards

This is kind of a general question but with a clear purpose. I have a rather active and complicated database. Not your run of the mill list management. I am a bit of a organizing freak and would like to come up with the simplist solution for my end user. Currently I am managing the database from a Form called the Homepage that opens upon opening the database. I am looking at possibly using a switchboard instead.

However, currently I have four combo boxes on the Homepage and about 23 buttons. I am unsure if it is even possible to incorporate combo boxes in the switchboard, or if I would have to completely redesign the way the database functions.

Basically I want to know how many of you recommend using switchboards, or just sticking to a form for the management. Especially for the more complex databases. Thks!

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Personally I don't use them; I just create forms to do what I want. My sense is that among accomplished developers, more (most?) use forms, but I know a couple that use switchboards. I'm sure others will weigh in with their thoughts.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

KevinMCB is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks. It does seem like the switchboard is pretty limited, but I haven't really delved into what is available yet.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.