This problem is rather complicated and I'm tearing out my hair just trying to find a place to start. Google has not been kind today.

I have built two Visual Studio .net web services. GetData(Name, Password, Item) returns an XML document. UpdateData(Name, Password, Item, xml string) saves the data sent to it and returns a bool declaring success or failure.

I need to create a form that has an Import and an Export button. I understand import fairly well. Heck you can do it from the Import XML wizard. But the export is giving me nightmares. How do I write this application.

btnSendData_Click()

{
// convert access table to xml string
????

// call UpdateData, receive back bool value
// the only documentation I could find was using MSXML2.XMLHTTP, which I don't think will process a bool return correctly.
????

// declare success/failure
no problem
}

Simply put we have a legacy Access database with a number of custom queries in it. Users want to continue to use the database until we can add the queries to our new custom interface. So I need the access database to import and export to a web service. If need be I can write a custom web service, but it must be a web service. That is the only way into or out of the new database from this location.