ngu059 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

how to create report

I am new to Access and so need some direction. I have a Students table in an Access database that contains student details. I want to create a report that displays details of each student (name, address, contact number etc), one report per student. So the question: how can I create a common report form with fields (name,address etc) on it and extract each row in the Students table and put into the report. (So if the Students table has 5 rows then we would have 5 reports all of which have the same format).

Many thanks.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    you simply need to open a new report in design view and start clicking around. there is no better way to learn about the object.

as far as doing one report per student, that is not at all practical. It is also a waste of resources. In all reality, using a page break after one record on each page of a report will look exactly the same. I would recommend doing it that way. That will also keep your printing task to ONE, instead of one per report, which is not practical either.

ngu059 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Many thanks Adam. Th ereason nthat I want to create individual forms for students is because the printed forms are used as enrollment forms for existing students. Studnets need be re-enrolled every year and so instead of asking them to fill out all details again I just print details out in a form then they can check and fix incorrect/out-of-date details. That is to save time.

I am now able to produce indibidual forms using word mai-merge wthat extract data from Access databases.

Cheers

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ngu059 View Post
    I am now able to produce indibidual forms using word mai-merge wthat extract data from Access databases.
    that's extremely advanced! congratulations! =)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.