DDows is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Strange report results

I am relatively new to Access, but have a firm grasp of report formatting and expected results. Here is my issue:

I have a user whose front end is generating reports where the queried numbers are not formatting. Instead of printing 2501, it is attempting to print 2500.95969948484, which is printing on the report as ##############. This makes sense on quite a few levels, until further investigation is done. I have another front end which was designed slightly different for a different user. However, the report is identical. When I run both front ends on the same computer, one of them works with auto-formatting (resulting in "2501"), while the other continues to print #########. This issue just started about a week ago, but I do not know what might have changed to cause the report to change. The report in question has been used effectively by multiple users for at least 2 years.

I have tried the following:

1) I have forced the report fields to 2 decimals and to 0 decimals. I still get hashes. Forced output of integer does not change this either.
    2) I have tried resizing the fields, but end up making them 4x larger before I get any results -- even when I change the decimal.
    3) I have renamed this report and copied the working version from front end #2. Results are the same. The "new" report malfunctions the same way.
    4) I have looked at the query generating the report and both front ends use identical queries. Both front ends are linked to the same back end tables.

Any suggestions or comments? It cannot be the version of Access, since both FE1 and FE2 were run on the same computer at the same time, with different results. (If it does matter, most of the programming was done in Access 2003, this user has Access 2007. In a copy of the front end to my machine, running Access 2003, the report runs as intended.)

Any help would be nice.

Yours confusedly,
    Danielle

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Have you checked to see if the the format property of the field at the query level has been altered?

If it does matter, most of the programming was done in Access 2003, this user has Access 2007. In a copy of the front end to my machine, running Access 2003, the report runs as intended.)
    It sounds like a setting may be different in Access 2007 that is causing the problem. The other way is to use the format() function in the underlying query to force the format you want.

DDows is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I did check the formatting in the query. There is none set. It is a simple calculation (such as Expr1: VarA * 2.0228). One front end is autoformatting to fit, the other is just printing hashes. Again, why I find this so odd is because I can run both front ends through Access 2007 on the same computer at the same time and get different reports.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    I have another front end which was designed slightly different for a different user. However, the report is identical.
    What is different in the front end that was designed for a different user? Why would you want to maintain 2 different front ends to begin with?

DDows is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I am stepping in far from the beginning of the project, so the use of multiple front ends was not my idea. However, to explain, some people have uses for different functionality. Instead of utilizing the same front end for all users, they were customized individually, and occasionally by the end user themselves.

I cannot find the difference in the query or the report between the two front ends. I was hoping someone else might have run across this anomaly before.

Danielle

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    I cannot think of anything else, sorry.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.