I have an MS Access Application (originally MSA2003 but now MSA2007) with a SQL Server Backend (SS2008). I created a simple entry form based on a table in the SS. It is based on a single table. There are several date fields and two memo fields (SS = varchar(2000) each). There are three drop down lists on the page, one lookups data in a large table (mucho records).

Intermittently, and still unpredictably, the page locks up when it is saved. It will work for a while and then locks up. After it locks up on a save, it will continue to lock up. The error messages are:

FractionalTruncation(#0)
Query timeoout expired (#0)
I have an MS Access Application (originally MSA2003 but now MSA2007) with a SQL Server Backend (SS2008). I created a simple entry form based on a table in the SS. It is based on a single table. There are several date fields and two memo fields (SS = varchar(2000) each). There are three drop down lists on the page, one lookups data in a large table (mucho records).

Intermittently, and still unpredictably, the page locks up when it is saved. It will work for a while and then locks up. After it locks up on a save, it will continue to lock up. The error messages are:

FractionalTruncation(#0)
Query timeoout expired (#0)

There are two users using the form. One claims he can use it with no problem, the other cannot. I do not think it is a contention issue because I can test it in the middle of the night on a weekend and I get the same message. The page locks are set to edited records.

In earlier research there were some posts about using smalldatetime fields. I resolved that by changing all date fields to full datetime fields.

This is a total mystery to me so far. Has anyone had experience with this problem or does anyone have a suggestion on how to troubleshoot this issue?
________
There are two users using the form. One claims he can use it with no problem, the other cannot. I do not think it is a contention issue because I can test it in the middle of the night on a weekend and I get the same message. The page locks are set to edited records.

In earlier research there were some posts about using smalldatetime fields. I resolved that by changing all date fields to full datetime fields.

This is a total mystery to me so far. Has anyone had experience with this problem or does anyone have a suggestion on how to troubleshoot this issue?