kennyrogersjr is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

How Do I...denote who answers what questions...

Hi all,

I can't find this answer anywhere. Do any of you know how to do this:

I have a list of questions. Some questions apply in different situations. Let's say I was to give a person this list of questions and wanted them to fill out all of them. A different person I wanted only to fill out the questions that apply to a certain task (questions 10 through 40, and 80 through 100).

I just have one list of questions. Would I have a separate table called "Type" with entries "Full" and "Specific Task" and link that to my "Questions" table? How would I do that?

Thanks.

Ken

Would I just run two queries after I have the "Full" and "Specific Task" identified in the "Questions" table -- one for Full and the other for the Specific Task?

Ken

Fixed. I had to do as I suggested in the first post, not the second. I had to set the relationships correctly, however. I tried to originally tie the table and its lookup together but couldn't because of the "relationship must be on the same number of fields with the same data types" error. I set everything to a text data type and my problem was fixed. I now have referential integrity .

I can also separate my questions by type.

Ken

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.