dinorbaccess is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Question Avoid column deletion in datasheet

Can anyone tell me how can I avoid Column Deletion from Datasheet. I have lots of datasheets in my forms and people make sometimes mistakes. They want to delete the records in the columb but Access deletes the whole columb.

Is there anyway to avoid this problem?

P.S. And locking column width is also a problem for me....

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    why do you have a lot of datasheets in your form? that would be the first question to ask. usually, that doesn't happen.

but at any rate, could you lock the datasheet (subform) controls? my first thought, personally, would be to assume that your datasheets are linked to child tables, and in reality, child table information should never need to be entered directly via a datasheet record anyway.

if that is so, I would suggest using code or the main form to enter your child info.

Quote Originally Posted by ajetrumpet View Post
    why do you have a lot of datasheets in your form? that would be the first question to ask. usually, that doesn't happen.

but at any rate, could you lock the datasheet (subform) controls? my first thought, personally, would be to assume that your datasheets are linked to child tables, and in reality, child table information should never need to be entered directly via a datasheet record anyway.

if that is so, I would suggest using code or the main form to enter your child info.
    why you dont use datasheet on your forms? Ive formated some datasheets on my forms, and they look very good and well organized. Is any other way to do that???

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dinorbaccess View Post
    why you dont use datasheet on your forms? Ive formated some datasheets on my forms, and they look very good and well organized. Is any other way to do that???
    do what? format your datasheets? I doubt it. But I don't think there is anyother way around stopping the deletion of columns other than locking those subform controls, which is the real issue, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ajetrumpet View Post
    do what? format your datasheets? I doubt it. But I don't think there is anyother way around stopping the deletion of columns other than locking those subform controls, which is the real issue, isn't it?
    Of course you can format datasheets. Ive used many condtional formating on them. I can color any column that I want. And for any column I can use an event.

But I found the solution. The keything was to make an ACCDE file for my database so the user cant change my forms, queries and doing so they cant delete columns also. Thats what I wanted.

Thnx, anyway for your replies.
    Have a good time

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    So I would guess you are ready to use the Thead tools and mark this thread as Solved, right?

done and thnx

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.