csharrock69 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Smile Goto record in Parent form by searching criteria in Subform

Hi

I need to search for criteria found in a subform which when found then goes to the record in the parent form. There may be multiple records which share the same criteria so this project needs to be able to go to all records that share that criteria (essentially a "go to next record button").

Advice from the article shown below has been used and tailored to this project however error messages which I don't understand have popped up. I have little experience in using VBA/SQL but can understand the general jist of code when presented.

Here's the previous advice I tried to use:
    http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/access/113062/Goto-record-in-Parent-
    form-by-searching-criteria-in-Subform

On the parent form that displays details of a particular object there is a subform showing multiple documents relating to that particular object. In some cases there may be no documents for an object.

Each object is uniquely identified by its "Component_Reference_Number". Each document is uniquely identified by its "OC_Reference". Both of these are strings.

I would like to search for an object (in fact, all objects) on the main form by typing a document number into a combo box. Once that document number has been typed in, clicking the "next record button" will go to the next record (object) that shares that same document number. It would be nice to have a "reset" button too so that all records can be browsed in the usual manner.

What code needs to be put into the form and combo box in order to be able to do this?

Like the author of the aforementioned article, I'm no programmer but can implement code if told where to put it and what the code is.

Many thanks in advance

Chris.

maximus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    follow this link. I want you to see the sample database that is attached to this thread. Let me know if your problem is solved.
    https://www.accessforums.net/access/...form-6114.html

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.