elamaranr is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 97

Reverse updation of table

I have one access 97 database which is updated by entering values in certain fields of a table. In this form, i can check the count of entered forms whenever i want.

But when some of my people tried updating the database by directly entering values in Access DB file, the form shows only the last record entered through the form, but not the count in the DB file.
    Is it possible for me to have the table show the updated record from the database file with values, even if it is entered directly in Access file?

Please help me... A matter of urgency...
    Thanx in Advance

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    But when some of my people tried updating the database by directly entering values in Access DB file, the form shows only the last record entered through the form, but not the count in the DB file.
    Is it possible for me to have the table show the updated record from the database file with values, even if it is entered directly in Access file?
    AFAIK, there is no way to track changes made when entering data directly into a table. Tables do not have events to trigger a method to track any changes.

There are reasons for the user interface - for validation, updating multiple tables, to enforce business rules, ....
    IMO, any user that edits a table directly (if is is for business use), should be head slapped.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.