jonesy29847 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Several form questions

I am trying to develop, a single tabbed form from several modal dialog forms, one form is for printing reports, and when I try to print reports that use VB, I receive a ".....can't find the form 'Print Reports' reffered to in a macro or VB code."

The second issue, is that the values from the 'Print Reports' form, are not passed to the report.

The third issue is that for each form, I have record navigation buttons, I would like to have one set on the footer of the main form.

Forth and last, I would like to update the time I display on the footer.

Thanks once again.

Datagopherdan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Sounds like you're having problems with your form reference's. Take a look at this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/113352. It explains how to reference controls in sub-forms.

I'm not sure what you mean by your third issue. Are you saying that you just want the navigation from the main form? If so, in your form propeties under the format tab, you'll see an option for "Navigation Buttons" set that to "Yes" on your main form and "No" on the sub-forms.

For your fourth issue. You can create an unbound text box. Go to its properties and click on the "Data" tab. In the "Control Source". Place = Now(). You could then have an event when the report is ran or whenever you want the time updated. You would use some code like this in the button's on click event.

Me!MyTextBox.Requery

MyTextBox is the unbound text box you created where you placed =Now() in the Control Source.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.