Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    christm is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Bottom half of form not showing?

Hi

First time doing an Access db so please bear with me.
    I've created a form which has tabbed forms at the bottom of it.
    So the top half of the form is based on one table with various table for the bottom half of the form based on other tables.
    It's generall working ok, apart from the fact that when I view the main form in Form view, I'm only seeing about half the page, the bottom half of the screen is just white - I do have a scroll bar and if I scroll down I can see the rest of the tabbed forms at the bottom (but the bottom half of the screen is still white, it just scrolls the top half of the screen).
    Does anyone know what I've done and how to get it so that the whole screen shows the forms rather than just the top half?

Thanks

Martin

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post. However, I can't review it until after Feb 22. If you still need help then submit post with attached file.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please find database attached.
    Any help gratefully received.

Martinmartin.zip

June7 is offline VIP
    Reduce the main form Footer to zero height also reduce height of the subform containers and then can reduce height of tab control. This will help display the subforms but you might see that when you click one of the tabs the main form scrolls so the Header is not visible. This happens on my 17" laptop screen.

The ReportDetails and Contact subforms are a bit large and suggest you compact them some more. Also, many of the controls on main form can be downsized. Their height is more than necessary for a single row of data. Some of the controls are 'grouped'. Select all the controls, right click Layout/Remove. This will allow you to individually size and move the controls.

Why have Headers on the subforms? They take up space and repeat the caption from the tabs. The CareerDetails subform doesn't need the label that says 'Career Details' - remove it and reduce Header height.

You should not save Age in table. Save date of birth and calculate age.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks - very helpful - have made those changes and looking better.
    Any other tips gratefully received.

Martin

Hi

Another question. This will be a databse to be used by management to either look at the main form I have created or run one of a number of reports I will create.
    How do I create a nice looking menu that they will see when they open the database with 'buttons' they can press depending which form or report they'd like?

Thanks

Martin

June7 is offline VIP
    That is just a form with buttons on it. Set the db to open this form by default. Click the Office button > Options > CurrentDatabase / DisplayForm

Thanks for that - I'm getting the issue that was mentioned might happen that when clicking on one of the tabs, the form jumps so the tabbed bit is at the top of my screen now (so I can't see the main bit at the top of the form).
    Is there a way to stop this happening?

Martin

June7 is offline VIP
    By downsizing the forms - resize and reposition controls. Scrunch everything tighter.

Or set the main form as a Popup.

Thanks. Another question I'm afraid.
    My form was working as you could see from the one I uploaded, however there was little data in the main table.
    I had a spreadsheet full of data to import - so I imported it to a new table (was getting an error when trying to put it in existing one). The new table has exactly the same columns as the main table.
    I then ran a script to insert into the main table (select * from new table).
    When I go into the main table I can see all the data. However when I open the form that shows data from the main table, there are no records there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Martin

June7 is offline VIP
    Is there a filter applied to the form's records? At this point I can only make guesses. Would have to review the db.

Hi

Please find attached the new version of the database where there is info in the Player Details1 form doesn't have any data despite the Player Details: Table being full of data.

Was hoping to get this out to someone today so if anyone has a good quick fix - that would be much appreciated!

Martin
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    The RecordSource for PlayerDetails1 form should not include the CareerDetails table, especially not with an INNER JOIN which requires related records in both tables.

Subforms still large enough to cause form to scroll up. Suggest reduce height of some of the comments boxes then reduce height of the subforms and tab control.

Might disable the record selector on the main form.

Although it looks nice with logo, the main form header just takes up space.

Thanks for that - sorry for stupid reply but how do I access the RecordSource to change it to have an Outer Join?

Sorry, ignore that - worked it out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.