asmith78 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2003

Desperately need some help with coding issue!

Okay, I am intermediate at Access and am self taught for the most part.

I have a database that we created to use for auditing the quality of our employees and how they process their files.

Basically, we have a "Sample" table where we load all the files and an "Audit" table where all the audits are housed when audited. The object is for the auditor to pull a RANDOM file from the Sample table for a certain group they are assigned. Once pulled, it should mark it audited by placing a check mark in the Yes/No field on the Sample table. This is supposed to prevent another auditor from pulling the same file again. However, it is not working correctly.

If more than one auditor is working on a group at a time, it is pulling the same audit twice, at first we thought it was because they were clicking the "Get Audit" button at the same time. However, we have also seen it where one pulls the audit today, and another auditor pulls the file tomorrow.

We have stepped through our coding and we do know it is marknig it completed. We can NOT figure out where or how it is unchecking it so that it can be pulled again.

I am attaching code for the "Get Audit" button they click on, the code for the Function "PullSampleID" and the function "PullRandomAuditDR".

We have been working on this for about 2 weeks now with no solution.

Please HELP! I can send any other info you need, please just ask!

Thanks a million!

hertfordkc is offline 18 year novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Suggest you try "randomize". I believe it is essential if you are to avoid redoing a "random" sequence.

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Try this Don't step through the code process 1 specific record then open the table and see if the field was updated. If not, then you are not updating the field you may be changing a variable instead.

hertfordkc is offline 18 year novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

To amplify Ray's answer:

Quote Originally Posted by RayMilhon View Post
    Try this Don't step through the code process 1 specific record then open the table and see if the field was updated. If not, then you are not updating the field you may be changing a variable instead.
    This generally happens when you give a variable and a field the same name, and don't use exact syntax to reference them.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.